Where can you activate clicks and opening tracking
You can enable it through the Settings tab of a sequence owing to the two dedicated buttons (1).
Where to follow these KPIs ?
You can follow these KPIs at different locations on the software.
On the Dashboard, by clicking on a slot where emails were sent (1), you are able to see for each prospect if the email was opened and if a link was clicked on, and how many times these happened by putting the mouse pointer over the green check mark (2).
You can also find this information on the Activities at the right of the screen (3 and 4)
Also, you can follow these KPIs on the Statistics tab of each sequence. On this tab, cliks and openings can be found at the top and at the bottom of the page, and have 2 different interpretation.
- at the top of the page (5) this information is displayed in value, and is equal to the sum of all single clicks and openings at all steps of your sequence, the percentage is calculated using these single clicks & openings not to be above 100%
- 16 = sum of all single openings of all steps
=> here, 10 prospects opened the e-mail at step 1 and 6 opened the e-mail at step 2
- 100% = sum of all single openings / sum of sent emails
=> here, 10 prospects opened the e-mail at step 1 on 10 sent e-mails and 6 opened the e-mail at step 2 on 6 sent e-mails
- 7 = sum of all single clicks of all steps
=> here, 5 prospects clicked on the link at step 1 and 2 clicked on the link at step 2
- 43,8% = sum of all single clicks / sum of sent emails
=> here, 5 prospects clicked on the link at step 1 on 10 sent e-mails and 2 clicked on the link at step 2 on 6 sent e-mails
- at the bottom of the page (6) you can find the sum of all single openings and clicks at each step
On the Emails tab of a sequence, on the Sent sub-tab you can find the sum of all clicks and all openings for each prospect, at each step of the sequence.
To finish, the Activities tab on the sequence where information is displayed as one the right of the Dashboard page or on the Activities tab on Datananas Connect.
Following these KPIs you can face several hard-to-explain use-cases :
- a prospect responds to you but the email opening was not detected : his/her email tool is configured so pictures are being blocked, and so is the pixel used for the tracking
- the explanation is the same for prospects who click on a link but opening is not detected
- some bounces cases send an opening notification as the prospect email server may "ping" the pixel used for the tracking