In Datananas, your contacts have a status that changes automatically as they progress through the sequences.
Definition of status
The meaning of the different statutes is given to you when you move your pointer over the status of a contact:
"Added": the contact has been added to the sequence but has not yet been contacted (he has not received the first email of the sequence for example)
"Active": the contact has received the first sequence step and has further programmed steps.
"Answered": the contact has answered manually and is therefore no longer active in the sequence
"Stopped": The contact has received the last step of the sequence. For 30 days, it has the status "stopped":
- If at the end of 30 days the contact has not responded to the sequence, it is given the status "No response".
- If over this 30-day period it manually answers one of the emails in the sequence, it takes the status "Answered".
"Did not reply": the contact has received all the sequence steps but has not replied.
"Unsubscribed": the contact is unsubscribed from the sequence
"Blacklisted": the contact is blacklisted.
"Undelivered": the contact's email seems invalid, the messages could not be delivered.
"Error": An error occurred while sending the emails
"Paused" : The contact has been paused
Specific cases :
- If a contact answers negatively with a "strong" negative answer ("Please do not contact me again"): it is blacklisted, its sequence status is "Answered" and it is out of sequence.
- If the contact clicks on the unsubscribe link: his status in the sequence is Unsubscribed
- If you unsubscribe a sequence contact and add it to the blacklist at the same time, it will be Blacklisted (only if it's sequence status was : "added", "active", "paused" or "stopped" - for all other sequence statuses : "answered" or "did not reply", then the contact is added to the blacklist but it's status in the sequence remains the same.)
- If you unsubscribe a sequence contact without adding it to the blacklist at the same time, it will be given the status Unsubscribed.
- If you add a contact to the blacklist, the contact will be Blacklisted.
To display the status of a contact person in sequences, you have several options:
First option: In the Contacts view, click on Display (1) and select the Sequences field (2). Then click on Save (3). You will display a column that shows for each contact the Sequences in which he is, and has been. As well as its status in each of the sequences.
Second option: on the Contacts view, click on Display (1) then select the field Sequence state (2). Then click on Save (3). You will see a column showing for each contact its status in the last sequence to which it was added.
Filter your contacts according to their status in the sequence
You can also filter on the status in sequences via the clickable button on the left of the Contacts view :
Click on "Add filter" (1).
Select the field "Sequence state" (2) and then choose between "is" and "is not" (3).
Finally, choose the status of your choice from the drop-down menu (4)
Click on the button Add a criteria (5) to validate your search. You will then have a selection of contacts whose status in the last sequence to which they were added is the one specified in your query.