Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Go to your Account Settings in the Email tab
2. Click on the Exchange/Outlook button
3. In the field that appears, you might modify the email that you want to synchronize, then click on the Connect button.
4. You will be redirected to a new page:
- Enter the email and password of your Exchange account
- If necessary, you can enter advanced Exchange Server connection settings.
- Click on 'Sign in" to allow Datananas to access your account
- You will be redirected back to Datananas, your email address is now synchronized
In general, your email adress and your email password are enough to synchronize your email address.
If you are experiencing authentication problems it is best to start by filling out the Advanced Settings first. You can request Exchange username and Exchange server information from your email administrator.
When synchronizing, there is by default an automatic search to determine the best server settings to connect. Sometimes the automatic search may not work properly and manual entry of advanced settings is required to synchronize your email address.
If the Exchange username of the account is different from the email address, enter it in the Advanced Settings form. A username can be in the format email@example.com or DOMAIN\username, and is usually the same as your Windows login.
Regarding the Exchange server, enter the address of your Exchange server, mail.office365.com for example. This address is usually visible in the address bar when you connect to the Outlook web application.
If you do not have the Exchange username and Exchange server information, please ask your email administrator. He should be able to provide you with the appropriate login information.
Sometimes your email, password and Advanced Settings are all correct but the synchronization of your email address continues to fail. This may be due to other authentication problems.
Common Authentication Problems :
1. Using a VPN
If your mail server is behind a VPN or firewall, or if strict email management policies have been set up, these measures may prevent synchronization of your email address.
2. Identification error message :
Sometimes, despite having entered your email, password and Advanced Settings correctly, you still get an error message telling you to check your information. Here are the elements that can cause an identification error:
- If you use two-factor authentication for your email account, you will need to generate a specific password for the application. If the two-factor authentication service used does not support the application password, in this case contact Datananas customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org) for suggestions.
- The automatic server search connects to the wrong server. Ask your email administrator what server and port information should be used to connect. Once you have this information you can try to synchronize your email address by using Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that the synchronization has not been done with an email alias. The synchronization must be done on your real account.
- Access permissions to Exchange with ActiveSync. Make sure that ActiveSync connections are allowed.
- Make sure that there are no devices required for synchronization (Nylas application) in quarantine or blocked. Authentication may fail and synchronization may be blocked because your server blocks access via the ActiveSync protocol, which is a protocol that allows data from various Microsoft products to be synchronized. To do this :
a) Make sure that in mobile > mobile device access there are no devices in quarantine, that access to mobile devices is enabled and that there are no device access rules that conflict with the suggested settings.
b) In the Exchange admin center protection tab > action center make sure there is no account affected by the protection system.
c) Make sure that in protection > quarantine there is no blocked device.
d) In the user settings page make sure that python-EAS-Client 1.0 connections are allowed.
3. Temporary mail server error :
When trying to synchronize your email address, a temporary error occurred on the email server. In most cases, a new connection attempt should resolve the problem.
4. Failed automatic search for connection parameters :
The automatic search for connection parameters did not work. You need to ask your email administrator for the connection settings and fill in the Advanced Settings.
5. Connection error :
The connection could not be made using the server settings provided. You need to contact your email administrator and ask for the correct connection settings that you can use to connect manually (with Advanced Settings).
Recommended settings for synchronization :
The following settings are recommended to ensure maximum compatibility in order to synchronize your email address.
Go to the Exchange admin center :
- Organization, sharing section :
Make sure that the default sharing policy is set for sharing individual calendars.
- Protection, malware filter section :
Make sure sender notifications are enabled (inform internal and external senders)
Make sure that the malware detection response is set to "Delete all attachments".
- Protection, connection filter section :
Use the default settings
- Mobile, Mobile Device Access section: Exchange ActiveSync Access Settings
Press the "edit" button.
- Mobile, Mobile device mailbox policies section
Make sure that the default settings are used.
Alternative synchronization method :
If synchronization still does not work you can use IMAP/SMTP synchronization, select IMAP/SMTP, and configure the advanced connection using your own information on this Outlook link. You will be redirected to a page where you can get your IMAP/SMTP information.
Another way to retrieve this IMAP/SMTP information from your mailbox:
If the IMAP/SMTP synchronization does not work, you can try the synchronization again with the following information:
Login name : Outlook email address
Password: Email password
Login name : Outlook email address
Password: Email password
For more information about your email quotas, please see the following article: Email quotas